High School Teacher
What better way to make a positive impact on a struggling teen than through supporting their education! Our OHB Teachers encourage students to fulfill their academic success by planning, preparing and implementing an appropriate instructional program. Teachers are responsible for developing a classroom learning environment that positively impacts students’ academic, behavioral and emotional success.
Our OHB High School offers teachers a 12-month position with the added bonus of no lesson planning or having to find your own substitute! Teachers are supported by Academic & Behavioral Specialists in the classroom and both work together to address the academic, behavioral and emotional prevention and interventions of students.
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Vacation Bank and Sick Bank after 60 days
- No Lesson Planning or grading – all work done during the work day
- Casual Dress Code
- Do not have to find own subs
- Free Lunch in our Dining Hall
- Access to full workout center on camps
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance plus more
- Provides a learning environment that is consistent. Establishes expectations and procedures for the classroom that are regularly identified and consistently applied. Plan, prepare and deliver learning activities that facilitate active learning, core academics and electives, for students that are attending the OHB School.
- Provides instruction and guidance of accredited courses, either online or paper/pencil, that offer students credit recovery and acquisition.
- Provides behavioral and classroom management that teaches social skills, self-governance and builds trusting relationships.
- Maintains the appropriate records (OHB) of students’ behavioral and academic performance during the time youth are in school and communicates the relevant information to OHB staff on a needed basis.
- Ensures all annual training requirements are met for self.
- Bachelor’s degree in secondary education is required. An endorsement in special education is preferred.
- Required to possess current Nebraska teaching certificate and relevant teaching experience.
- Ability to provide structure and consistency for students while adapting to the needs of a changing, multi-age student population.
- Ability to empathize with students while maintaining the primary focus of helping students to learn and apply behavioral and academic skills.
- Ability to remain calm when students experience frustration and not take the behavior of students personally.
- Knowledge and ability to provide support and assistance in a variety of high school subjects..
- Ability to effectively interact with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences present in the organization’s service population, both individually and in groups.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and to organize work to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of local and state education standards, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of current technology and related applications.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and auto insurance, good driving record and the ability to pass an extensive background check.
Salary: $49,500 to $52,000