Elementary School Principal
Our Lady of Lourdes is proud to be one of the six schools to make up the Omaha Catholic School Consortium. Formed in 2012, Consortium business office supports the business operations of all of its member schools, allowing the pastor to focus on ministry and the school to focus on the development of the child. Consortium administrators meet twice monthly to support and grow professionally. Staff development is done both at the building level and the Consortium level, providing a collaborative environment for all staff.
The principal reports to the Executive Director of the Omaha Catholic School Consortium. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Model the Catholic faith and support faith development opportunities for students and staff.
• Guide curriculum development and selection of instructional materials.
• Create and maintain a productive community where there is harmony, a positive learning environment, effective communication, and shared responsibility.
• Promote and support the goals and objectives of the school to the greater community.
• Prioritize and manage time effectively. Demonstrate effective follow-through with commitments.
• Comply with regulations and requirements for Rule 10 accreditation as defined by the State of Nebraska and the Archdiocese of Omaha.
• Recruit, interview and recommend all teachers and school staff for employment.
• Develop and maintain communications among all groups associated with the school: Consortium, teachers, students, school staff, parish staff, Parish Council, Home and School Association, parents, parishioners, Archdiocese of Omaha and Catholic School Office.
• Interpret educational goals and school policy for above identified groups.
• Provide input about school budget and maintain required financial records.
• Hire and supervise substitute teachers.
• Direct the work of teachers and school staff.
• Coordinate programming and services with and be a liaison to Omaha Public Schools.
• Attend meetings that are deemed necessary in the role of school principal. This may include, but not limited to, Consortium meetings, Home and School Association meetings, as well as Catholic School Office Administrator meetings.
• Meet with the Pastor on an ongoing basis to review and coordinate school ministry with the parish community.
• Lead ongoing curriculum evaluation and development.
• Lead and facilitate the implementation of a standards-based curriculum.
• Provide assistance and guide teachers in determining effective curriculum approaches and appropriate methodologies for teaching.
• Work collaboratively with teachers to design necessary staff development programs to support goals of School Improvement Plan.
• Assist teachers in designing appropriate classroom assessments and analyzing test data to determine specific student needs.
• Develop and plan programming for school safety awareness and training.
Candidate must possess and be able to consistently demonstrate the following personal and professional qualifications:
• A practicing member, in good standing, of the Roman Catholic Church who sees his/her commitment to Catholic education as a ministry.
• Demonstrated record of developing a sound philosophy of Catholic School education and administration.
• High energy leader with a passion for students, faith formation, community building, character development learning, and excellence.
• Demonstrated record of developing processes, implementing and evaluating an effective school improvement plan.
• Strong working knowledge of the spiritual and academic educational documents used in the Archdiocese.
• Strong working knowledge and/or skills in administration, management, curriculum, instruction, public relations, communications, development, budget and finance.
• Demonstrated record of setting high expectations for students, staff and self; assessing progress and growth on an ongoing basis.
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Master’s Degree in Education Administration
• Possesses a valid Nebraska Administration Certificate
• Five or more years of experience as a classroom teacher
• Minimum of three years as a school administrator preferred but not required
Start date: July 1
How to Apply
Interested candidates are to submit, electronically, the following materials:
• Cover letter and resume
• Educational Philosophy (One page)
• List of references
Mrs. Chris Nelson