Elementary Guidance Counselor
Posted: December 10, 2019
Reports to: Building Principal
Education Level and Certification: Bachelors degree or higher required. Must possess at all times during employment a Nebraska Teaching Certificate with a School Counselor Endorsement and such other endorsements as may be required by NDE Rules 10 and 24.
- Administer School Counseling program.
- Provide for the reasonable care and safety of students under School Counselor’s supervision.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
- Provide care for students, including reporting suspected child abuse or neglect to supervisor.
- Participate in professional activities and staff development as assigned and as needed to maintain professional competence and to perform duties.
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport with students and parents.
- Develop and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with other staff and administration.
- Utilize instructional materials and other resources in a competent and effective manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of information concerning staff, students, and parents in accordance with law and District rules.
- Adhere to the code of ethics of the District and Nebraska Department of Education (NDE Rule 27). The School Counselor must serve as a positive role model for staff and students.
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned by the Board, the Superintendent or the supervisor.
Start date is August 2020. Placement will be on the Certified Salary Schedule with consideration given for experience and education.
How to Apply
Apply on the North Platte Public Schools website under Employment Opportunities.