2023-2024 Elementary Guidance Counselor $2500 Bonus
Posted: March 29, 2023
School Guidance Counselor
Reports to: Building Principal
Education Level and Certification: Masters degree or higher required. Must possess at all times during employment a Nebraska Teaching Certificate with a School Counselor Endorsement and such other endorsements as may be required by NDE Rules 10 and 24.
- Administer School Counseling program.
- Provide for the reasonable care and safety of students under School Counselor’s supervision.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
- Provide care for students, including reporting suspected child abuse or neglect to supervisor.
- Participate in professional activities and staff development as assigned and as needed to maintain professional competence and to perform duties.
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport with students and parents.
- Develop and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with other staff and administration.
- Utilize instructional materials and other resources in a competent and effective manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of information concerning staff, students, and parents in accordance with law and District rules.
- Adhere to the code of ethics of the District and Nebraska Department of Education (NDE Rule 27). The School Counselor must serve as a positive role model for staff and students.
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned by the Board, the Superintendent or the supervisor.
$40000/$2500 hiring bonus
Full family health
Two year mentor program
Contact InformationNorth Platte Public Schools
301 West F
North Platte, NE 69103
(p) (308) 535-7100 3313
(f) (308) 535-5300
How to Apply