2022-2023 Elementary School Counselor
Posted: June 22, 2022
Reports to: Building Principal
Education Level and Certification: Masters degree or higher required. Must possess at all times during employment a Nebraska Teaching Certificate with a School Counselor Endorsement and such other endorsements as may be required by NDE Rules 10 and 24.
- Administer School Counseling program.
- Provide for the reasonable care and safety of students under School Counselor’s supervision.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
- Provide care for students, including reporting suspected child abuse or neglect to supervisor.
- Participate in professional activities and staff development as assigned and as needed to maintain professional competence and to perform duties.
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport with students and parents.
- Develop and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with other staff and administration.
- Utilize instructional materials and other resources in a competent and effective manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of information concerning staff, students, and parents in accordance with law and District rules.
- Adhere to the code of ethics of the District and Nebraska Department of Education (NDE Rule 27). The School Counselor must serve as a positive role model for staff and students.
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned by the Board, the Superintendent or the supervisor.
$38500 (1st year for 21-22)
Full family health
Two year mentorship program
How to Apply