2021-2022 Classified – ELL Paraprofessional (elementary and secondary)
Seeking two qualified applicants for English Language Learner paraprofessional positions for the 2021-2022 school year. This position would be a district employee and travel would be required. Qualified applicant needs to have strong organizational skills and be able to work with a variety of students K-12.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 48 hours of college transcript hours or eligible to pass Project Para (available free through UNL once a position has been offered and before start date
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and families.
- Ability and desire to work with students who are non- or limited English speaking.
- Excellent organizational and student supervision skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Works with individual or small groups of students as directed by the ELL teacher or classroom teacher in all academic areas.
• Assists the ELL teacher in the development and organization of appropriate learning materials and activities for ELL students.
• Assists certified staff in the preparation of written reports/forms.
• Performs any other duties assigned by the ELL teacher or principal.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION It is the policy of the North Platte Public School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, or other protected conditions, in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title VI and Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, Section 504 Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Nebraska Equal Education Opportunity Act.
Inquiries regarding compliance with Title IX, Section 504, Title VI or the Nebraska Equal Opportunity in Education Act may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (308) 535-7100, Fax (308) 535-5300
Start date: August 13, 2021
Elementary and secondary positions available
Starting salary: $16.43
How to Apply