Business/Computer Science Teacher (Begins Jan. 2024)
JOB TITLE: BUSINESS/COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER (Begins January 2024)
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors Degree from an accredited university or college
Valid/current Nebraska certificate with endorsement in Business, Marketing & Information Technology
Successful teaching and/or practice teaching experience Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate
REPORTS TO: Building Administrators
RECEIVES GUIDANCE FROM: Building Administrators
JOB GOAL: To develop in each student an understanding of business systems and its place in the nation’s economy; to provide knowledge needed for intelligent consumption of business services; to develop practical business skills for personal use or for use in a business occupation; to encourage students to develop work and personal habits essential for success in business. The teacher will be a positive role model assisting the student in his/her development as a mature, able and responsible adult.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine month year or as established by the Board of Education
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of administrative guidelines; evaluated by building principal
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This is a generalized job description. Each teacher is part of a larger department and school-wide team focused on what is best for students; therefore, teaching assignments could include any of the following:
Information Technology Applications, Digital Media, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Hospitality and Tourism, Economics, Sports Entertainment and Management, Introduction to Computer Programming, Management and Leadership, Business Law, and Personal Finance. Teachers may also be asked to participate or assist in: Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) or coaching.
- Reports to work as scheduled on a regular and reliable basis.
- Proficient with technology and demonstrates the ability to integrate technology into engaging classroom lessons.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in designated locations and at designated times.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of students.
- Teaches assigned courses in the area of business education, following the course of study adopted by the Board of Education and use appropriate curriculum materials as guidelines in teaching individual course content.
- Utilizes an adopted course of study, follows instructional program guidelines in planning, and develops purposeful and relevant instructional lessons.
- Plans, develops, and utilizes a variety of instructional materials appropriate to the intellectual and instructional level of students from varied socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds
- Individualizes and adapts educational processes, assessments, and procedures to student learning needs. Provides group and individual instruction to motivate students, and effectively utilizes the time available for instructional activities.
- Maintains appropriate standards of student behavior, using district approved behavioral management strategies and techniques.
- Counsels, confers with and communicates with parents, school, and colleagues regarding student progress.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis, keeps appropriate records and provides progress reports as required.
- Commits to availability to students and parents for education-related purposes.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulations.
- Meets core expectations for all certified staff in accordance with the staff handbook.
- Plans instructional objectives and activities consistent with business education guidelines.
- Implement and evaluate courses in business education.
- Take inventory of supplies annually.
- Submit annual budget for equipment and supplies.
- Please note: The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (Intellectual, Sensory):
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Skills in leadership, organization, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Skills in human relations, ability to deal effectively with diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to work under stress
- Skills in assessment and evaluation
Begins January 2024
Salary information: https://www.norfolkpublicschools.org/district/business-services/employment-compensation-and-agreements/certified-employees.html
View our video at https://youtu.be/
How to Apply
Please apply through the Norfolk Public Schools website: https://norfolkpublicschools.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx