Vocational Teacher I – NCCW Nursery Program
- The Nebraska Department of Correctional Services (NDCS) employs nearly 2,300 team members operating 10 institutions, which house approximately 5,200 inmates, statewide. The department’s focus includes inmate programming and education, physical and behavioral health care, re-entry services, and community programs, and is accredited by the American Correctional Association (ACA). Candidates will model the NDCS Values of integrity, respect, compassion, growth, and excellence as we accomplish our mission, “Keep people safe.” Information about the Department can be found at: www.corrections.nebraska.gov. For more information call 402-362-8833. For Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations, please contact ADA Coordinator Hayden Thomas at 402-479-5812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location of position: Nebrasks Correctional Center for Women 1107 Recharge Road, York, NE 68467
- Examples of Work
- Supervise inmate mothers, infants and children in a living unit. Prepare lessons, develop instructional aids and provide classroom instructions to inmates for infant care, lamaze and parenting. Coordinate volunteers and social service agencies working with the nursery program. Enforce department rules and regulations in regard to safety, security and sanitation of the facility as well as those rules specific to the nursery program.
- Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: High School graduate plus five years of trade, industry or business experience or completion of an approved technical training course plus two years of work experience.
PREFERRED: Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills desired and accessed.
OTHER: Must have a valid driver’s license. Teaching experience and early childhood development background. Applicants accepting a job offer must pass a medical exam and at a randomly announced time, pass a drug test. Once at the Staff Training Academy, must successfully complete the fully paid NE Corrections Training Program to include CPR, first aid, and self-defense tactics.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to perform listed duties. Must be able to enforce rules and communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Enjoy the benefits of working for the State of Nebraska. Nebraska offers a comprehensive package of pay, benefits, paid time off, and workplace opportunities to help you get the most out of your career and life.
Check out all that the State of Nebraska has to offer!
This link will take you to the benefits currently offered to permanent employees.
How to Apply