Teacher – Kearney
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services is now accepting applications for Teaching opportunities at West Kearney High School. DHHS Teachers provide critical support and learning opportunities to high-acuity youth – their needs are often significant, complex, and vary from student to student.
Do you feel a call to serve vulnerable Nebraskans? Are you a compassionate, results-driven professional and want to help children and families and your community? If so, apply today!
What we can offer you:
- Stable Employment Opportunity
- Continuous Learning Opportunities, including LinkedIn Learning courses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Benefits Options
- Consistent Work Schedule; no Conference days required
The State of Nebraska also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, and retirement benefits; learn more here! https://statejobs.nebraska.gov/benefits.html
Hiring rate of position: Based on SCATA contract
Location of position: Kearney
Work schedule: M-F, 8-4:30
Examples of Work
In this role, the selected candidates will:
- Develop and implement both group and individual lesson plans for daily learning experiences
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by laws, policies, and regulations.
- Instructs students utilizing a variety of classroom methods, adapting methodology and instructional materials to meet student needs, abilities, and IEPs.
- Assigns and grades class work and homework; prepares, administers, and grades tests.
- Establishes and implements behavioral protocols; observes and evaluates student behavior, performance, social development, and physical health.
- Maintain professional communication with administration and facility administrators and leaders
- Oversee classes for high acuity youth ages 14-18.
- Additional duties may include, but not limited to, escorting students, community projects, and collaborative projects with other faculty / staff members.
Qualifications / Requirements