Math Teacher – DHHS Lincoln Youth Facility
Composed of 5 Divisions and more than 4700 employees, the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services is dedicated to our mission of Helping People Live Better Lives. One of the many groups we serve are high-acuity youth; their needs are often significant, complex, and vary from each youth. DHHS is dedicated to a therapeutic, rehabilitative, and holistic approach to their care and is in need of a Math Teacher to assist in driving those efforts forward.
Hiring rate of position: Based on the SCATA contract
Location of position: Lincoln, NE
Work schedule: M-F, 7:45A -3:45P
Examples of Work
- Develop and implement both group and individual lesson plans for daily learning experiences Maintains accurate and complete records as required by laws, policies, and regulations.
- Instructs students utilizing a variety of classroom methods, adapting methodology and instructional materials to meet student needs, abilities, and IEPs.
- Assigns and grades class work and homework; prepares, administers, and grades tests.
- Establishes and implements behavioral protocols; observes and evaluates student behavior, performance, social development, and physical health.
- Maintain professional communication with administration and facility administrators and leaders
- Oversee classes for high acuity youth ages 14-18. Additional duties may include, but not limited to, escorting students, community projects, and collaborative projects with other faculty / staff members.
Qualifications / Requirements