RESPECT Grant Specialist (Program Specialist III)
To view full job details and apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/3882848
Here’s a great new opportunity with us at the Nebraska Department of Education! Join us as a RESPECT Grant Specialist to address Nebraska’s teacher shortage issue in new and innovative ways, and reduce barriers to early childhood educators getting certified.
What is the RESPECT (Responsive Equitable System for Preparing Early Childhood Teachers) Grant? This grant was awarded to create a framework based on competencies rather than solely certification, and creates an alternate pathway to certification for early childhood educators.
If you are looking for a creative role where you can lead with flexibility and initiative, apply today! You will work with stakeholders across the state such as K-12 schools, community colleges, indigenous schools and colleges, and educator preparation programs! This team brings a wide variety of perspectives and lots of expertise to support you!
Examples of Work
- Develops a Competency-Based Framework for early childhood education programs and credentials, aligned with course and program offerings at Institutions of Higher Education and Community Colleges, and educator certification in Nebraska.
- Provides leadership in developing a system of existing professional competencies and design of a pathway of stackable credentials (e.g., certifications for birth to three years of age, three to five years of age, and kindergarten through third grade).
- Researches early childhood requirements to recommend competencies aligned with state and program requirements (e.g., Nebraska Teacher Performance Standards, Nebraska Core Competencies, Zero to Three, Head Start, Rule 24 Nebraska Regulations for Certificate Endorsements).
- Develops and maintains an apprenticeship model to support Early Childhood Education program students in learning and demonstrating early childhood competencies, earning associated degrees, and obtaining educator certifications.
- Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.