ESEA Specialist (Education Specialist III)

View full job posting and apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/3606132

Are you an educator leaving the classroom? Do you still want an opportunity to be part of the education system? Look no further! We’ve got an ESEA Specialist opening to provide leadership and technical assistance to a variety of education stakeholders such as ESUs, schools, administrators, teacher preparation institutions, etc.

If you believe that details matter, enjoy building relationships, and would like to be part of a collaborative team that believes in ongoing learning, join NDE to impact ALL students across the state!

This position is fixed term, with an end date of September 30, 2024.

 

Examples of Work

  • Responds to inquiries and provides consultative services and technical assistance to school district administrators.
  • Develops and reviews applications and reimbursements related to Title VI, Part B (Rural Education Achievement Program, Rural Low-Income Schools), the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Consolidated Grant, the Support for Improvement (SFI) plan and grant, the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Funds (ESSER), and the American Recovery Act-Homeless Children & Youth I & II grants.
  • Conducts program visits, determines program approval, regulatory compliance, and program quality related to administration of federal programs, analyzes results and writes review reports, and monitors corrective action plans.
  • Monitors Para qualifications in Title I schools, communicates with Local Education Associations (LEAs), and audits Para reports.
  • Serves as liaison between Nebraska school districts and the United States Department of Education (USDoE) in relation to the Rural Education Achievement Program (REAP).
  • Assists with answering Teacher Loan Forgiveness inquiries and maintains the Nebraska Teacher Cancellation Low Income (TCLI) Directory.
  • Provides assistance and guidance to schools identified for Comprehensive Support and Improvement and Targeted Support and Improvement.
  • Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.

Working Conditions and Travel:

This position requires approximately 90% of work time spent in an office environment and the remaining 10% of work time spent traveling and working in sites such as schools, educational service units, and other service agencies. This includes an average of three to six days of overnight travel per year.

Zone 5

Additional Information

Compensation:

$51,224.16 – $61,459.84/year

This range is based upon available budget funds. The selected candidate’s skills, abilities, education, and experience will determine the salary offer within this posted range.

Contact Information

Nebraska Department of Education
500 S 84th St, 2nd floor
Lincoln, NE, Nebraska 68510
https://www.education.ne.gov/

Jasmine Gruhn
(p) (402) 440-3705

How to Apply

All applications must be received through the governmentjobs site in order to be considered: http://bit.ly/joinNDE

You can view benefit information and all other Nebraska state jobs at https://statejobs.nebraska.gov/