Educators Rising State Adviser (Contractor)
All applications must be received through the governmentjobs site in order to be considered: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/3041622Please review the full job posting on the governmentjobs site prior to submitting questions.
The Nebraska Department of Education is looking for an Educators Rising State Adviser to serve as the State Adviser for Educators Rising in collaboration with the Human Sciences & Education Career Field Specialists.
Examples of Work
- Serves as state liaison between the Nebraska Department of Education (NDE), the Nebraska Educators Rising Organization, and the Nebraska Educators Rising Board of Directors.
- Coordinates all adviser and state-level events for Educators Rising, competitive events for the Educators Rising State Leadership Conference, and completes registration for national conferences and events.
- Collaborates on recruitment and development of new Educators Rising chapters throughout Nebraska, and curriculum alignment of Education, Training, and Educators Rising programs.
- Assists with development and delivery of professional development to Educators Rising chapter advisers.
- Provides assistance to the Nebraska Educators Rising Board of Directors regarding budgets, contracts, invoices, etc.
- Leads the Educators Rising State Officer team, attending events, providing coaching and training, and completing preparatory tasks for events.
- Serves as primary point of contact for State Officer, State Officer parents or guardians, and local Educators Rising advisors.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license, travels independently, and works in a variety of settings.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updates and maintains Nebraska Educators Rising related web pages and social media outlets.
- Participates in monthly Center for Student Leadership & Expanded Learning (CSLEL) meetings and cooperative Career & Technical Student Organizations (CTSO) leadership events.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., education) and three years of experience related to the essential functions of the position. Any equivalent education and/or work experience may be substituted in order to meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
Experience as an adviser in a Nebraska Educators Rising or other CTSO chapter.
This is a (20 hours/week) position to last one year from date of hire.