Educators Rising State Adviser (Contractor)
View full job posting and apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/3606087
Are you looking for engaging work with a team of passionate educators, impacting students statewide? Here it is! We are looking for an Educators Rising State Adviser to serve as the State Adviser for Educators Rising in collaboration with the Human Sciences & Education Career Field Specialists, and provide opportunities for students to engage in these growing, hands-on career field areas!
A successful candidate for this position will be a connector and a visionary, and will be dynamic, innovative, and adaptable. This is a fun team full of leaders that communicate and work together to carry out the mission and vision of Nebraska Career & Technical Education.
This position is a contract position, with an end date one year from date of hire; renewable subject to the continuation and availability of funding.
Examples of Work
- Serves as state liaison between the Nebraska Department of Education (NDE), the Nebraska Educators Rising Organization, and the Nebraska Educators Rising Board of Directors.
- Coordinates all adviser and state-level events for Educators Rising, competitive events for the Educators Rising State Leadership Conference, and completes registration for national conferences and events.
- Collaborates on recruitment and development of new Educators Rising chapters throughout Nebraska, and curriculum alignment of Education, Training, and Educators Rising programs.
- Assists with development and delivery of professional development to Educators Rising chapter advisers.
- Provides assistance to the Nebraska Educators Rising Board of Directors regarding budgets, contracts, invoices, etc.
- Leads the Educators Rising State Officer team, attending events, providing coaching and training, and completing preparatory tasks for events.
- Serves as primary point of contact for State Officer, State Officer parents or guardians, and local Educators Rising advisors.
- Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Working Conditions and Travel:
This position requires approximately 60% of work time spent in an office environment and the remaining 40% of work time spent traveling and working in sites such as schools, conferences and events, and other meetings.