Early Childhood Education Specialist (Education Specialist III)
View full posting and apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/3728537
Are you passionate about supporting high quality early childhood instruction within school districts? Join us as an Early Childhood Education Specialist to support school districts with their birth-grade 3 programs across Nebraska! Work alongside a dynamic group of early childhood professionals to provide evidence-based, developmentally appropriate, and inclusive guidance and resources for school, community, and before-and-after school programs.
Apply today to make a positive difference in the educational lives of young children and their families, and help teachers and administrators better understand quality in early childhood.
Examples of Work
- Provides support for districts and Educational Service Units (ESUs) by providing technical program assistance, coordinating program approval processes, monitoring data collection, and monitoring programs.
- Coordinates the use of the Child & Program Assessment tools by developing policy regarding the use in district pre-K programs, providing training on the use, and developing policies and procedures for contract observers.
- Maintains a collaborative and cohesive Child & Program Outcomes Assessment system by recruiting and training observers of ERS and CLASS and developing policies and procedures for Results Matter and Step Up to Quality.
- Collaborates with the Office of Special Education to support Early Childhood Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS).
- Manages the grant application and award system for early childhood program grants, early learning connection grants, and endowment grants.
- Coordinates the Requests for Proposals (RFP), review process, State Board approval, and Grant Adjustment Notice (GAN) award process for competitive grants.
- Coordinates the Grant Management System (GMS) process for continuation grants, distributes and receives year-end reports from districts, calculates amount of available funding, and coordinates and approves reimbursement payments.
- Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Working Conditions and Travel:
This position requires approximately 80% of work time spent in a (state or home) office environment and the remaining 20% of work time spent traveling locally and throughout Nebraska to visit schools, educational service agencies, and other service units. There is also approximately 3 days of overnight travel per month.
Qualifications / Requirements
Master’s degree in the field of education or related subject area, two years of successful preK12 teaching or school administration experience in an approved or accredited Nebraska school, or equivalent teaching or school administration experience in another state or country, and eligible for/possess a current Nebraska Teaching or Administrative Certificate per §79-807.
NOTE: A Nebraska Teaching or Administrative Certificate per 92 NAC 21 must be possessed by the time the candidate begins employment at the Nebraska Department of Education and an active certificate maintained while in the Education Specialist position.
Substitution: Bachelor’s degree in education or equivalent Master of Arts in Teaching per 92 NAC 21, and four years of teaching or school administration experience in an approved or accredited Nebraska school or equivalent teaching or school administration experience in another state or country, and eligible for/possess a current Nebraska Teaching or Administrative Certificate per §79-807.
Experience working with a range of early childhood education and care providers from diverse backgrounds, education levels, and work settings, and reliable use of TS GOLD, ERS, and/or CLASS quality assessment tools.