Director of Teacher & Principal Support
Work in downtown Lincoln – the heart of the city! Check out our benefits tab above to see more reasons to join us at NDE! You can also check out our website: https://www.education.ne.gov/.
Examples of Work
- Leads the implementation of the Nebraska Teacher and Principal Performance Frameworks.
- Revises and improves the state model for teacher and principal development and evaluation.
- Collects and analyzes data relevant to educator effectiveness outcomes and support, and prepares reports based on this data for state level decision makers and other audiences.
- Manages the Nebraska Educator Evaluation grant competition.
- Assists with policy research and leadership for the Teaching and Learning tenet of AQuESTT.
- Builds and strengthens leadership supports for school personnel by connecting professional development systems to improve teacher and principal effectiveness.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners regarding teacher and principal evaluation and support, to identify best practices of adult learning.
- Leads the development of protocols, guidelines, evaluation tools, and other resources to support high-quality professional learning.
- Provides leadership in the hiring, supervision, and potential discipline of staff. Conducts performance management activities including establishing annual goals related to the strategic plan, holding check-in meetings to discuss goal progress, and completing performance appraisals. Facilitates a continuous learning environment by promoting professional development to ensure all employees have the opportunity and skills to be efficient and effective in meeting the goals of the agency. Delegates work and projects appropriately among staff.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license, travels independently, and works in a variety of settings.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Participates in national level opportunities regarding educator effectiveness and evaluation at national and regional centers, universities, and other state departments of education.
- This position requires extensive contact with school administrators and other educators, school board members, other NDE staff, and the public.
Qualifications / Requirements
PREFERRED: The completion of a doctorate or equivalent academic endeavor such as a Six-Year Specialist Certificate. At least three years of experience as a director, specialist, coordinator, instructional coach, department head, or administrator in a school, ESU, or professional organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Laws, statutes, regulations, and policies related to position and program area.
- Principles and best practices of program evaluation and the teaching and learning process.
- Professional development and public speaking techniques and methods.
- Educational trends, issues, and developments.
- +Structure, fundamentals, and functions of Nebraska’s educational system.
- Principles and best practices of supervision, management, and administration.
- Development, implementation, and assessment of educational programs at elementary and secondary levels.
- Formats used in written business communications.
- English grammar, spelling, and composition needed for correspondence.
- Computer software necessary to carry out job responsibilities.
- Types and uses of office equipment.
- Office management principles, methods, and procedures.
- Established policies, procedures, and practices of the Nebraska Department of Education.
- Apply program policies and procedures to review programs for compliance.
- Evaluate and research information in order to solve problems and make recommendations.
- Initiate and facilitate cross-team projects.
- Oversee and conduct training sessions and workshops.
- Supervise subordinates and work with minimal supervision.
- Communicate orally and in writing with agency staff and the public.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Understand, interpret, and apply rules, administrative policies, and program guidelines.
- Operate office equipment necessary to perform the required duties.
BUDGETED SALARY RANGE: $51,900.16 – $70,077.28 This range is based upon available budget funds. The selected candidate’s skills, abilities, education, and experience will determine the salary offer within this posted range.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the governmentjobs website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/2171538/director-of-teacher-principal-support?department%5B0%5D=Education%2C%20Department%20of&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs