Director – Data Quality & Support (IT Data/Database Analyst Lead)
View full job postings and apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/3595235
Are you looking for a fun environment to collaborate with a variety of partners across multiple organizations? Join us as a Director of Data Quality & Support and build relationships with districts, schools, and other educational entities to ensure that data are collected, managed, and disseminated using best practices for data quality!
If you enjoy building strategic partnerships, providing inspiring customer service, being part of an innovative team, and bringing up best practices around data management, keep reading!
Examples of Work
- Oversees development and implementation of Nebraska Department of Education (NDE) data quality policies and procedures.
- Designs and implements an education data quality improvement program for financial, student, and educator data to center on quantification of data quality.
- Ensures data used for decision-making is high quality to encourage best decisions possible, and eliminate redundancies in data collection.
- Reduces data collection burden from school districts to improve consistency in data quality and reduce costs.
- Creates a comprehensive needs requirement report to detail specific information and technical capacity needed by school districts and the state to support data quality. Identifies reports and information to make available to support data quality improvements and meet education data quality improvement goals.
- Conducts a gap analysis of current and planned information compared to data quality needs, including analysis of strengths and limitations of current education data quality programs.
- Defines rules for education data collections to ensure data systems are flexible and able to adapt to evolving needs for information.
- Cultivates partnerships between both internal and external stakeholders to further development of educational data systems to enable continuous quality improvement.
- Works collaboratively to complete annual and biennial budgets, and ensures the budget reflects major projects and initiatives, operational requirements, and changes in state and/or federal regulations.
- Provides leadership in the hiring, supervision, and potential discipline of staff. Conducts performance management activities including establishing annual goals related to the strategic plan, holding check-in meetings to discuss goal progress, and completing performance appraisals. Facilitates a continuous learning environment by promoting professional development to ensure all employees have the opportunity and skills to be efficient and effective in meeting the goals of the agency. Delegates work and projects appropriately among staff.
- Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.