Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources Career Field Specialist (Education Specialist III)
The Nebraska Department of Education is looking for an Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources Career Field Specialist to provide statewide programmatic leadership, consultative services, information and technical assistance to teachers, FFA chapter advisors, administrators, advisory boards, boards, parents, and the community concerning Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources (AFNR) and FFA.
NDE is committed to advancing equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all that we do. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we encourage applications from ALL qualified candidates and assure they will receive consideration for this position regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Examples of Work
- Provides guidance and technical assistance related to AFNR curriculum, programs, assessment, and alignment between secondary and postsecondary programs.
- Develops and facilitates professional learning experiences and resources related to AFNR and Career & Technical Education.
- Establishes and fosters strategic partnerships and serves as liaison among state agencies, nonprofit organizations, and businesses to achieve goals of Nebraska Career & Technical Education.
- Conducts desk audits and on-site visits to monitor federal Perkins Grant recipients and provide technical assistance related to the development and implementation of grants. Reviews and approves applications, amendments, claims, and final reports.
- Provides leadership in the hiring, supervision, and potential discipline of staff. Conducts performance management activities including establishing annual goals related to the strategic plan, holding check-in meetings to discuss goal progress, and completing performance appraisals. Facilitates a continuous learning environment by promoting professional development to ensure all employees have the opportunity and skills to be efficient and effective in meeting the goals of the agency. Delegates work and projects appropriately among staff.
- Possesses a valid driver\’s license, travels independently, and works in a variety of settings.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves on committees and work groups.
- Assists the State FFA Advisor with state-level leadership for FFA.
- Mentors AFNR teachers with less than three years of experience.
Qualifications / Requirements
Master\’s degree in the field of education or related subject area, two years of successful preK12 teaching or school administration experience in an approved or accredited Nebraska school, or equivalent teaching or school administration experience in another state or country, and eligible for/possess a current Nebraska Teaching or Administrative Certificate per §79-807.
NOTE: A Nebraska Teaching or Administrative Certificate per 92 NAC 21 must be possessed by the time the candidate begins employment at the Nebraska Department of Education and an active certificate maintained while in the Education Specialist position.
Substitution: Bachelor\’s degree in education or equivalent Master of Arts in Teaching per 92 NAC 21, and four years of teaching or school administration experience in an approved or accredited Nebraska school or equivalent teaching or school administration experience in another state or country, and eligible for/possess a current Nebraska Teaching or Administrative Certificate per §79-807.
Endorsement in Agriculture education and at least three years of experience teaching secondary Agriculture education courses. Experience as advisor of FFA Chapter.
See the full posting and apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/2682764
Budgeted Salary Range:
$49,254.40 – $64,018.24 This range is based upon available budget funds. The selected candidate\’s skills, abilities, education, and experience will determine the salary offer within this posted range.
The selected candidate will start after July 1, 2020.