Social Emotional Learning Supervisor
Position Purpose: The Social Emotional Learning Supervisor will lead the Omaha Public Schools in evidence-based strategies to support coordinated and effective social emotional learning (SEL), positive school climate, classroom management, restorative practices, and behavioral interventions. This includes performing a variety of supervisory tasks in training, coaching and monitoring MTSS-B Administrators in the implementation and support of a district wide MTSS-B framework.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Ensure integration of SEL, MTSS-B and Common-Sense Education strategies with the district’s strategic plan and priorities.
- Provide leadership and support to school administrators for the change process to implement district initiatives as directed by the Superintendent and strategic plan.
- Collaborates directly with the Supervisor of School Counseling and School Social work to create a district wide approach to SEL.
- Partner with other departments (i.e. Human Resources, Research, Curriculum Instruction and Support, etc.) to coordinate initial professional development and on-going professional learning communities across the district to support the implementation of evidence-based SEL, behavioral supports, MTSS-B strategies to ensure a positive school climate and better student outcomes.
- Provide differentiated coaching and guidance to school administrators to support effective leadership at the intersection of social, emotional, behavior and academic issues.
- Provide more intensive, targeted supports to subset of higher need school sites.
- Implement and support the district’s SAT process to provide clarity, support and training to building level staff.
- Implement and support the district’s SSC and PAC programs to provide clarity, support and training for alternatives to suspension.
- Provide supervision, professional development and complete the evaluation process for MTSS-B Administrators.
- Assist MTSS-B Administrators in goal setting and implementation of district wide support and school level interventions at MTSS-B Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3.
- Assist buildings in goal setting and implementation of district-wide support and school level interventions for Common Sense Media.
- Provide professional development to buildings, parents and community on social media SEL.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters degree or higher in School Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or Special Education
- A valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate with endorsement in the area of administration is preferred
- Successful experience (3-5 years minimum) working in or with an urban education system with a focus on social, emotional, and behavioral supports
- Familiarity with evidence based SEL curriculum, MTSS-B and best practices for classroom management
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with diverse groups of professionals across multiple departments and organizations to achieve unified, consistent practices
- Skilled multi-tasker and excellent time manager; ability to effectively achieve multiple goals and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Classroom teaching or school-based management experience highly preferred