Principal, Northwest High School
The principal is the instructional leader of the school. The Omaha Public Schools seeks an excellent leader who can prepare all students for college, career, and community leadership.
Northwest High School offers authentic learning opportunities for all students focusing on themes of Law, Government, and International Diplomacy. With numerous magnet courses, students have the opportunity to resolve mock disputes and create policy through the Mock Trial and Model UN competitions. Some unique features at Northwest are the mock courtroom where students are able to experience the trial process and the forensic science lab where students are able to solve simulated crime scenes. Northwest students may earn college credit through Advanced Placement and dual enrollment. An array of course offerings are available in all the career fields. These learning opportunities promote students to lead and achieve in academic success. The school is located on a scenic 68-acre newly renovated campus with a sports complex. Our school provides students from various ethnic, cultural, and religious backgrounds an A+ education.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Achievement and Results: Leader articulates clear expectations and holds self and others accountable for achieving high results for all students.
- Equity Leadership: Leader demonstrates awareness and conviction to address inequities and holds adults accountable for doing the same.
- Instructional Leadership: Leader helps all students master standards through data-driven instruction and staff evaluation and development.
- Talent Management: Leader promotes professional learning, maximizes staff talent, and appropriately matches talent to student needs.
- School Culture: Leader creates a culture that promotes learning, collaboration, respect, and safety for all.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Leader skillfully and appropriately engages diverse constituents to meet student needs.
- Problem Solving and Strategic Thinking: Leader assesses situations, defines action plans, and solves problems to accomplish goals
- Operational Leadership: Leader develops school systems, procedures and protocols to maximize instructional time and attain school goals.