The MTSS-B Supervisor will lead the Omaha Public Schools MTSS-B initiative in evidence-based strategies to support coordinated positive school climate, classroom management, restorative practices, and behavioral interventions. This includes performing a variety of supervisory tasks in training, coaching and monitoring efforts of MTSS-B teams in all district schools and programs. Will actively support Social Emotional Learning (SEL) efforts in the district as well.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree or higher in area of Administration and Supervision.
- A valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate with endorsement in the area of administration is preferred.
- Successful experience (3-5 years minimum) working in or with an urban education system with a focus on social, emotional, and behavioral supports.
- Knowledge and understanding of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support for Behavior including knowledge of behavior support best practices and implementation at all tiers.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with diverse groups of professionals across multiple departments and organizations to achieve unified, consistent practices.
- Skilled multi-tasker and excellent time manager; ability to effectively achieve multiple goals and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Classroom teaching or school-based management experience highly preferred.
Location: Teacher Administrative Center (TAC), 3215 Cuming St. Omaha, NE 68131
Reports To: Director of Special Education
Work Schedule/FLSA Status: 261 Day, 12-month / Full Time – Exempt