Mount Michael Benedictine School is accepting applications for a School Secretary/Receptionist position. This position provides secretarial and administrative support to the Administration; communicates information to students, parents, staff, and/or other districts; and supports the broad array of services provided to students, parents, instructional and support employees.
· Greets all incoming visitors and ensures that guests sign in/out as required.
· Responds to inquiries from a wide variety of internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) through phone and email.
· Oversees student workers for the purpose of developing their office skills and ensuring their understanding of established policies and procedures.
· Manages the daily student absence list and distributes the information to teachers.
· Maintains a variety of computerized and manual records, files, and department databases.
· Supports Head of School and other administrative personnel as needed.
· Administers basic first aid and prescription medications to students as needed.
· Occasionally collects fees and/or funds from student events.
Assists the Administrative Assistant with maintaining the student information system, which includes student health information, schedules, and parent contact information.
Start date: March/April 2024
· Familiarity with the Microsoft Office 365 software
· Ability to operate standard office equipment
· Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records
· Knowledge of business email and phone etiquette
· Ability to work independently and with others in a variety of circumstances
· Ability to maintain student and family confidentiality
· Ability to work with frequent interruptions
· Ability to multitask and set priorities for tasks.