Director of Technology
The Director of Technology at Mount Michael Benedictine School is a full-time position responsible for activities related to the design, installation, management, and maintenance of campus-wide network infrastructure for both the school and monastic community. This individual is accountable for the daily administration of the Microsoft domain environment and all functionality of the campus-wide network infrastructure and also serves as the direct point of contact for desktop support functions across a multi-building campus supporting more than 300+ personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain and enhance the SAN data storage infrastructure across the institution and campus
- Manage, install, and update Microsoft based physical and virtualized servers
- Administer and manage the onsite and offsite DATTO backup environment
- Manage and administer the Mitel phone system, server, and 120+ phones and appliances across campus
- Take the lead on administering the VMware vSphere environment
- Act as the primary system administrator with Microsoft Windows-based servers
- Manage Office 365 email administration, accounts, licenses, and subscriptions
- Administration and management of campus Sycamore student information system (SIS)
- Administration and management of campus Canvas learning management system (LMS)
- Administration and management of campus financial management and advancement donor applications (Blackbaud)
- Knowledge in desktop support functions
- Maintain an inventory of assigned IT equipment. Ensure a proper technology plan is in place to refresh equipment in applicable cycles
- Training: Develop and conduct various training and instruction for new and existing personnel on institutional technology (hardware, software, applications, etc.).
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Ensure systems and applications are in compliance with FERPA, CIPA, PCI and other state and federal laws
- Ensure all departmental and campus policies are followed.
- Participate as scheduled in training to keep skills current for cutting-edge service and support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Serve as a key member of the campus safety team (ensure crisis plan is up to date, arrange emergency drills, train students-faculty- and staff on the SRP protocols, etc.).
- Act as the safety liaison with local law enforcement including the Omaha Police Department and Douglas County Sheriff’s Office.
Start Date is August 1, 2022
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical field.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, IT security, system administration, network administration, wireless technologies, printer management,
- Work independently, with minimal supervision, and deliver results on schedule.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner.
Benefits package includes health, dental and vision insurance, 401K and professional development expense allowance.