Director of Technology
The Director of Technology at Mount Michael Benedictine School is a full-time position responsible for activities related to the design, installation, management, and maintenance of campus-wide network infrastructure for both the school and monastic community. This individual is accountable for the daily administration of the Microsoft domain environment and all functionality of the campus-wide network infrastructure and also serves as the direct point of contact for desktop support functions across a multi-building campus supporting more than 300+ personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain and enhance the SAN data storage infrastructure across the institution and campus
- Manage, install, and update Microsoft based physical and virtualized servers
- Administer and manage the onsite and offsite DATTO backup environment
- Manage and administer the Mitel phone system, server, and 120+ phones and appliances across campus
- Take the lead on administering the VMware vSphere environment
- Act as the primary system administrator with Microsoft Windows-based servers
- Manage Office 365 email administration, accounts, licenses, and subscriptions
- Administration and management of campus Sycamore student information system (SIS)
- Administration and management of campus Canvas learning management system (LMS)
- Administration and management of campus financial management and advancement donor applications (Blackbaud)
- Knowledge in desktop support functions
- Maintain an inventory of assigned IT equipment. Ensure a proper technology plan is in place to refresh equipment in applicable cycles
- Training: Develop and conduct various training and instruction for new and existing personnel on institutional technology (hardware, software, applications, etc.).
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Ensure systems and applications are in compliance with FERPA, CIPA, PCI and other state and federal laws
- Ensure all departmental and campus policies are followed.
- Participate as scheduled in training to keep skills current for cutting-edge service and support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time 12-month position serving a large campus with multiple building and personnel.
Competitive benefits package includes health, dental and vision insurance, 401K and professional development expense allowance.