Dean, Walker School of Education
Midland University is seeking an innovative and visionary leader for the Walker School of Education. The Dean will be responsible for the continual development of innovative programs that are responsive to the education community. The Dean should be forward thinking, demonstrate a proven record of innovative growth in an academic setting, and possess a history of cultivating teachers/leaders. The Dean will be responsible for leading continuous improvement, directing strategic programmatic growth, and supporting and maintaining high quality relentlessly relevant academic programs. The Dean will coordinate curriculum, instruction, and assessment and reporting that is aligned with national, state and Midland goals and standards. The Dean will report directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The start date for this position is July 1, 2019.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- A doctorate, earned or in process
- Current Teacher Certificate
- A minimum of three years of evidence of effective teaching in an academic setting
- A minimum of three years of effective leadership/administration in an academic setting
- Knowledge in emerging practices and trends in education
- Demonstrated ability to build strong networks
- Evidence of innovative practices
- Experience with leading school or continuous improvement
- Experience in working effectively with diverse populations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ambitious disposition for maximizing capacity in existing programs and developing new academic opportunities
- Proven budget and resource management experience
Additional desired qualifications:
- Effective post-secondary teaching and/or leadership experience
- Teaching and/or administrative experience in PK-12 schools.
- Curriculum and staff development experience
- Experience in hiring, supervising and evaluating teachers
- Evidence of best practices in effective use of technology in education
Midland University is a private liberal arts university institution focused on preparing students to learn and lead in the world with purpose. If you share in our mission for students and our vision for creating innovative, dynamic, and relevant educational experiences, apply today.
To apply, please submit your application and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter In your letter, please include your vision for relevant education.
Priority review of applications will begin November 26, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered for review. For further inquiries on the position please email Dr. Sue Evanich, Dean Walker School of Education Evanich@midlandu.edu.