The Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, Nebraska, Board of Education, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2019.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Education in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 30 miles northeast of Omaha
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Arlington Board of Education chose the following qualities they seek in their next superintendent:
· An instructional leader who positively impacts the needs of diverse learners by emphasizing research-based teaching and learning strategies in all PreK-12th grade areas.
· A confident leader with a great work ethic and high expectations who is able to analyze needs and develop creative solutions that challenge conventional thinking.
· A community-minded leader that is open-minded with a high level of integrity and able to collaborate and be actively involved with the community to cultivate partnerships and engage stakeholder groups.
· A student-centered leader who displays and commits to high visibility and is able to build positive relationships with students and staff.
· A strategic leader who demonstrates outstanding leadership skills in their ability to build effective teams.
· A leader who is honest, genuine, transparent, and accountable throughout all interactions with stakeholders.
· A forward-thinking leader who demonstrates the ability to recruit, retain, and develop quality personnel.
· A visionary leader who demonstrates strong financial skills and is able to manage district resources while seeking out unconventional resources.
· Closing date for applications: January 15, 2019 (11:30 p.m. central time)
· Board of Education selects finalists to interview: January 31, 2019
· Interviews with the Board of Education: February 4 & 5, 2019
· Selection of new Superintendent: February 11, 2019
· Start date: July 1, 2019
How to Apply
Apply to www.macnjake.com