The Hastings Public Schools, Hastings, Nebraska, Board of Education, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2019.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Education in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 30 miles south of Grand Island, 160 miles southwest of Omaha
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired characteristics.
- Committed to Professional Learning Communities and other activities that build collaboration and teamwork throughout the entire school district while embracing accountability
- A mission focused leader who provides and supports a sense of ownership among all students and staff
- An instructional leader who utilizes best practices and champions effective teaching and learning
- A compassionate leader who values the well-being of students and staff
- A strategic and visionary problem-solver who embraces challenging goals and high expectations
- A skilled communicator who promotes the needs as well as positive achievements of the district in numerous contexts
- A responsive and open-minded listener
- A skilled manager with fiscal acuity that allocates resources and staffing in the best interests of the entire school district
- A community leader who recognizes the impact of cultural and economic diversity within the district
- A servant leader to our school system as well as the broader Hastings community
- Closing date for applications: January 16, 2019 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- Board of Education selects finalists to interview: January 30, 2019
- Interviews with the Board of Education: February 5 & 6, 2019
- Selection of new Superintendent: February 13, 2019
Start date: July 1, 2019
How to Apply
Apply to www.macnjake.com