Administrative Assistant for Activities Director
Posted: November 30, 2021
The Activities Department’s Administrative Assistant fulfills the mission of Lexington Public School’s Activities Programs by assisting the AD, Coaches/Sponsors, and student-athletes and participants with the day-to-day tasks of running successful programs, as well as those tasks related to helping students and parents.
· Strong moral character.
· Strong organization skills.
· Promotes positive communication & a welcoming atmosphere between one-to-one, group, and electronic (phone & email) interactions.
· A team player with the willingness to work in a flexible environment while serving different parties including but not limited to students, parents, teachers, coaches, and administration.
· Willingness to learn and operate the following computer-related programs: Microsoft Office, Google Apps, PowerSchool, RschoolToday, the NSAA website, and other related programs.
· Willingness to assist with school-related functions and events as assigned, which may occur outside the school day.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Prior Administrative Assistant experience especially in the area of athletics and/or activities.
General Job Duties:
· Serves as the main receptionist for the Activities Department.
· Assist students, coaches, parents, teachers, and administrators
· Secretarial duties for administrators (daily correspondence [ex. daily announcements / school-wide emails], faxing, copying, making-answering phone calls, keeping files, calendar, contact teachers, etc.)
· Assists in finding officials and workers for events.
· Data entry and Database management on NSAA and RschoolToday websites, as well as making rosters for school events.
· Assist with facility and Activity calendars
· Provides organizational support for fundraisers, bank deposits, and other integral parts of the Activities Program.