Position: Substitute Teacher
Reports to: Legacy School Administration
● Implements instructional activities created by the classroom teacher that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
● Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
● Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
● Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
● Manages student behaviors
● Reports concerns/issues to administration in a timely manner
Education, Certifications, and Work Related Experience:
Bachelor Degree in Education – Early Childhood through Elementary
Nebraska Teaching Certificate
Experience working with young children valued
Technical Competencies and Skills:
● Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
● Works independently with little direct supervision
● Works as part of a team
● Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
● Demonstrates strong work ethic
● Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
● Physical Ability: Tasks may involve extended periods of time standing and/or walking, sitting on the floor, and light lifting.
● Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination.
● Some tasks require oral communications ability.
Salary is based on education and experience
Start Date: immediately