Physical Education Teacher – Part Time
Position : Part time Physical Education Teacher
Reports to: Legacy School Administration
Position Description: The teacher is responsible for providing an atmosphere where students develop motor skills through physical activity. This would include organizing and managing individual, small group and team sports at the elementary level and encouraging students to participate in proper exercise and healthy habits. The PE Teacher must engage the class in both team sports and individual activities while explaining the correct way to engage in physical fitness. The teacher should be a combination of coach, referee, teammate, and motivator.
● Implements activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
● Selects equipment and activities to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and physical abilities.
● Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged.
● Communicates effectively, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
● Collaborates with peers.
● Reports concerns/issues to administration in a timely manner
● Manages student behaviors
● Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
● Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, and subject area
● Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and other staff.
● Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her inservice hours.
● Participates in staff training, inservices, and meetings, as well as school family events throughout the school year.
● Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Legacy School Administration. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals established as part of the annual staff evaluation process.
Education Certifications and Work Related Experience
Teaching experience valued
Technical Competencies and Skills
● Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
● Works independently with little direct supervision
● Works as part of a team
● Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
● Demonstrates strong work ethic
● Has a basic knowledge of computer skills
● Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
● Physical Ability: Tasks may involve extended periods of time standing and/or walking, sitting on the floor, and light lifting.
● Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination.
● Some tasks require oral communications ability.
Start Date: August 2021
Salary: Based on experience and education