Education Director (ED)
Legacy School is seeking an Education Director. Legacy School offers a nonsectarian, private school setting for parents looking for high academic standards, small class sizes, and exceptional teaching. Legacy School’s distinct educational approach delivers the highest quality of education through literacy-based, differentiated instruction; thus giving students the best opportunities to achieve curriculum standards. Our inviting, safe, student-centered environment caters to the individual educational needs of each student.
Reports to: Legacy School Administration
Position Description: The Education Director is responsible for ensuring the school’s day-to-day operations in compliance with the standards of Legacy School and Nebraska Department of Education rule 14 regulations and procedures.
- Professionally represent Legacy School and accurately portray the quality of education that Legacy provides.
- Oversight of school curriculum.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate all education staff.
- Coordinate student special education services.
- Establish and monitor the implementation of classroom assessments.
- Facilitate student usage of technology in the classroom.
- Collaborate and nature relationships within the Legacy School community.
- Proactively seek educational trends to enhance the instructional environment of Legacy School.
- Create and guide school events in tandem with school staff.
- Implement Legacy’s differentiated approach in managing student social/emotional and academic needs.
Education, Certifications, and Work-Related Experience:
· BA or MA in Education
· Current Nebraska teaching certification
· Background in SPED, Early Childhood, and Elementary
· Supervisory and/or administrative experience
Technical Competencies and Skills:
· Possess strong oral and written communication skills
· Works independently with little direct supervision
· Works as part of a team
· Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
· Demonstrates a strong work ethic
· Has knowledge of educational technology
· Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
· Possesses strong management and organizational skills
· Show enthusiasm and support for programs
Salary: based on experience
Start Date: October 2020