Elementary/Intermediate Teaching Assistant 2022/2023
● Implements instructional activities created by the classroom teacher that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
● Assists teachers in completing ongoing assessments of students in their cognitive, emotional, physical, and language growth through standard checklists, observation, and other means of informal assessment.
● Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
● Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
● Collaborates with the classroom teacher to enhance the instructional environment.
● Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
● Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and other staff.
● Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her in-service hours.
● Participates in staff training, in-services, and meetings, as well as school family events throughout the school year.
● Manages student behaviors
● Reports concerns/issues to administration in a timely manner
● Obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid
● Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Legacy School Administration. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals established as part of the annual staff evaluation process.
Education, Certifications, and Work Related Experience:
High School diploma
Experience working with young children valued
Technical Competencies and Skills:
● Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
● Works independently with little direct supervision
● Works as part of a team
● Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
● Demonstrates strong work ethic
● Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
● Physical Ability: Tasks may involve extended periods of time standing and/or walking, sitting on the floor, and light lifting.
● Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination.
● Some tasks require oral communications ability.
Salary: Based on experience and education
Start Date: August 15, 2022