Preschool and Child Care Director
In a Director, we look for committed individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families, while effectively and efficiently running all operations. You are a positive influence and motivate others to be their best. The work you do is vitally important and makes a difference in the lives of children, families, and your staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills with children and adults alike.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to communicate with parents, staff, and children.
- Must have strong leadership skills to inspire respect from young children.
- Must be organized and have a strong business sense.
- Must be flexible and able to react appropriately to changing circumstances.
- Must have strong administrative and time management skills.
- Must be professional and provide a public face for the childcare facility.
Duties will Include:
Ensure that all staff meet the requirements for their jobs, i.e., background checks are ordered and passed, references are checked, continuing education is pursued, extra trainings, etc. Create and maintain staff schedules & responsibilities. Monitor child staff ratios and direct staff to appropriate rooms as needed. Maintain staff files, ensuring that all employees have proper paperwork on file to meet state and center guidelines. Recruit, select and retain quality staff.
Interact and work with parents, listen to their comments and concerns, and keep them informed on new developments. Respond to parent inquiries, give tours to prospective parents. Update and maintain Handbook, provide handbook to all new families upon enrollment.
Maintain children files, ensuring that all children have proper paperwork on file to meet state and center guidelines. Keep inventory stocked of daily reports and papers for teachers/parents. Ensure medicine check in/out and dosage is handled and properly recorded.
Schedule and organize daycare events and fundraisers. Order and purchase materials including toys, books, educational aids, cleaning supplies, and first aid supplies. Meal plan, order and pickup groceries in accordance to state food program (CACFP). Financials including billings, receipts, etc. May perform classroom teaching duties during absence of regular teacher. Other duties will be discussed during the hiring process.
Salary: From $35,000 per year
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: July 1, 2021