Hastings Catholic Schools is seeking two Aide/Paras: One position is offered at St. Michael Elementary (grades PK-5) and the other at St. Cecilia Middle/High School (grades 6-12). Aides will work with students and perform additional tasks to support teachers in providing a comprehensive educational program. Para certification is not required.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Provide one-on-one instructional assistance for a student while the teacher is explaining a lesson or after it has been taught, in accordance with students’ Individual Education Plans, 504 Plans, and/or special focus areas
- Substitute in classrooms, when needed
- Reinforce lesson plans to small groups of children
- Supervise students during lunch, between classes, before/after school, on field trips and during recess
- Assist teachers/administrative assistants with various tasks
- Communicate regularly with resource teacher and other teachers to meet student needs and progress
- Maintain confidentiality with all information related to students, teachers and school.
A full job description may be found here.
To apply, please complete the online application. Please send cover letter, credentials, resume and completed application to Deb Huthmacher, Business/HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A paper copy of the employment application is also available by contacting Ms. Huthmacher.