School Counselor: Hastings Catholic Schools is accepting applications for a school counselor. Interested individuals need to be appropriately certified, or eligible to obtain appropriate certification in Nebraska. Coaching is available, but not required.
Hastings Catholic Schools Counselor employs a School Counselor with the following description of duties:
· Develop and carry out an effective career placement and scholarship-seeking program for high school students.
· Assist with creating/changing student’s schedules to best fit the student’s needs.
· Assist principal with conducting orientation activities for new students.
· Act as a liaison between teachers, parents and students if needed.
· Consult with and serve as a resource for teachers, staff, and parents regarding the needs of students in the areas of development, health, and wellness.
· Implement developmentally appropriate and prevention-oriented group activities to meet student needs and school goals.
· Help monitor student, behavior, and attendance; and assist with appropriate interventions.
· In response to the identified needs of individuals and groups of students, conduct individual counseling, crisis intervention, and the formation and facilitation of group counseling sessions.
· Counsel on various student issues such as poor academic performance, mediation of teacher- student differences, and personal problems.
· Respond to crises, such as altercations, illness/death, and suspected child abuse and mandatory reporting of abuse.
· Maintain a list of church, community, and professional resources for counseling department.
· Refer parents and students to ministry programs, community agencies or specialists as appropriate.
· Maintain records to document interactions, interventions, and decisions.
· Be an active member of the school’s SAT team, Crisis Team and School Improvement Team.
2023-24 School year
How to Apply
Application is available at www.HastingsCatholicSchools.org/employment
Please send cover letter, credentials, resume, and completed application to: