Gering Schools: Business Manager
The Business Manager is a member of Gering Public Schools management team, serves as treasurer of the Board of Education, is responsible for preparation of numerous financial reports, and participates in the development and interpretation of schoolwide policies and procedures.
Job description available HERE.
Successful applicants must meet these minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting and/or business management required; Masters Degree Preferred.
- Prior experience with general office work required, supervisory role preferred.
- Prior experience with application of accounting principles and development of spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with public school accounting structure preferred, but not required.
- Possess effective written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and work independently.
Terms of Employment
- 260 day annual employment with full-time benefits
- Salary based on education and experience
This position is subject to a veteran’s preference. EOE.
The following is the planned timeline for this position but is subject to change:
- Advertisement of the Position Opening: July 12, 2021
- Application Period: Monday, July 12 – Sunday, July 25, 2021
- Screening of Application Materials: Monday, July 26
- Selection of Finalists: Tuesday, July 27
- Interviews of Finalists: Wednesday, July 28 – Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- Offer of Contract by the Board: Monday, August 16
- Employment Beginning on/around: TBD, Negotiable