ELL/Newcomer Program Teacher, High School
Position Posting: Newcomer Program Teacher – High School
All positions are subject to veterans preference. EOE
FREMONT PUBLIC SCHOOLS
|JOB TITLE:||Classroom Teacher|
|A. Education Level:||-Bachelor’s Degree|
|B. Certification/Licensure:||-Nebraska Teaching Certificate with appropriate endorsement
and level for area and grade being taught.
|C. Experience Desired:||-Experience working with students, either during college
training, or from previousteaching.
|D. Other Requirements:||-Good human relations skills.
-Ability to work with students, staff, administration, and
-Knowledge of subject area to be taught.
-Ability to plan lessons, teach to an objective, have the
lesson at the correct level of difficulty, check for under-
standing during the lesson, and monitor and adjust the lesson
-Knowledge of child development.
-Excellent skills in oral and written communication.
-Ability to operate a computer and an alphanumeric keyboard.
|REPORTS TO:||-Building Administrator|
|Basic:||-The teacher will need to know the curriculum which is to be taught, plan lessons which will result in the curriculum being taught, and include appropriate testing instruments which will test the intended and taught curriculum. The teacher will also|
|bea part of a grade level team of teachers, or department, and will be part of a building instructional team.|
|Frequent:||1. Plan lessons which match the intended curriculum, and meet the needs of individual students as well.
2. Plan lessons which have objectives that are at the correct level of difficulty for the learners, and have specific objectives.
3. Instruct assigned students at the location and times designated.
4. Develop and maintain a classroom environment which is conducive to effective learning.
5. Monitor student progress and make appropriate adjustments in the teaching strategies.
6. Serve as a model for students.
7. Evaluate student performance, both with written tests and performance based assessments.
8. Collaborate with other teachers at grade level (or in the same subject) in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods that represent the desired outcomes for the curriculum and the essential learning skills for students.
9. Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
10. Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student conduct/activities, develop for the classroom reasonable rules for classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
11. Supervise and participate in fire drills and other emergencey preparedness programs.
12. Follow the policies, regulations, procedures, and expectations established by the Board and administration.
13. Maintain accurate and complete records of attendance, absences, tardies, and other information as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
|14. Attend staff meetings, conduct parent/teacher conferences, and participate on committees as required.
15. Participate in professional growth through an ongoing program of workshops, seminars, conferences, inservices, and/or advance course work at institutions of higher learning.
16. Complete special projects and perform other responsibilities and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
|H. Lifting, 50# Max**|
|I. Carrying, Ft. 1-150**|
|J. Manual Dexterity Tasks: Fingering 33-66%, Grasping 33-66%|
|Specify (manual dexterity tasks): Ability to operate computer, A/V equipment, copy machines, telephone, plus other equipment as required.|
|OTHER REQUIREMENTS (Intellectual, Sensory):Skillful in planning, assessment, and adjusting lessons. Possess exellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrate effective conflict management, problem solving, evaluation, organizational, and decision making skills.|
|A. Inside –Outside –Both: Both|
|B. Climatic Environment: Primary work environment is a heated classroom and building, however air conditioning depends upon the building assignment.
|C. Hazards: Exposure to communicable diseases, building, classroom, furniture, equipment, etc.|
Qualified applicants will have: a Nebraska Teaching Certificate with proper endorsement, ELL/ESL, the ability to effectively communicate in English and Spanish as demonstrated through high performance on FPS Translator/Interpreter Evaluation Tool, a deep knowledge of the Fremont community, and a working knowledge and/or experience in creating and maintaining an ELL Newcomer Program.
Compensation: Per Salary Schedule
Employment: 2019/20 School Year
Reports To: Building Administrator
Applications Will Be Accepted Through: February 19, 2019
Fremont Public Schools is a progressive Class A district that offers a competitive salary & benefit package & opportunities to help you reach your greatest potential. Fremont, located just 25 minutes northwest of Omaha and 45 minutes north of Lincoln, offers a small town atmosphere and big city opportunities.
Application Procedure: Interested and qualified applicants must apply online at fremonttigers.org. Click on Careers and follow application instructions.
How to Apply
Application Procedure: Interested and qualified applicants must apply online at fremonttigers.org. Click on Careers and follow application instructions. Applications will be accepted through 2/19/19.