Fremont Public Schools is currently accepting applications for a Library/Media Paraeducator (Aide)! Our paraeducators are essential members of our teaching team! This is a 6.5 hour, 9-month position. Applications accepted through January 27, 2020.
FREMONT PUBLIC SCHOOLS
It is the policy of Fremont Public Schools to not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, color, religion, veteran status, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or other protected status in its educational programs, admission policies, employment policies or other administered programs. Persons requiring accommodations to apply and/or be considered for positions are asked to make their request to the Superintendent.
DEPARTMENT: Instructional Support
JOB TITLE: Library/Media Aide
- High School Diploma or GED
- None Required
- First Aid/CPR certificate desired
- Library, secretarial or previous school experience is helpful.
- Experience working with children.
- Have an interest in young people and an ability to deal fairly and tactfully with students.
- Possess a positive attitude toward education and a helpful attitude toward people.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty and staff.
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator, or designated building media specialist.
The essential functions of each employee’s position includes (1) regular, dependable in-person attendance on the job; (2) the ability to perform the identified tasks and to possess and utilize the identified knowledge, skills, and abilities and to perform the identified work activities; and (3) the ability to perform the physical requirements on their specific job description.
- Work involves providing media services to staff and students. Assigned duties shall be performed under the supervision and direction of the building media specialist and building administrator. Duties involved are those which are not directly involved with the instruction of students.
- Assist students and teachers locate materials, both print and non-print.
- Assist teachers and students with A-V equipment and media center technology.
- Prepare a video taping schedule. Also video tape and play back instructional television programs.
- Facilitate the ordering of materials through outside sources.
- Circulate print and non-print materials and shelve all materials as they are returned.
- Issue overdue slips on materials.
- Conduct story time with classes.
- Assist students with research projects.
- Oversee the general neatness and attractiveness of the library and its displays.
- Perform all of the duties of running the library (i.e. check in all publications when they arrive, maintain back issue file, encourage magazine circulation and refile when returned, make simple repairs on damaged materials, process new books, etc.).
- Encourage usage of all materials by all students and staff.
Position: Library/Media Aide – Linden Elementary
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or have GED
- Must have strong desire to work with children in a caring manner
- Ability to work effectively with staff and student
Salary: $10.95 – $12.14 starting, per hour depending on experience
Employment: 6.5 hrs per day during school year
Position Available: February 3, 2020
Reports To: Building Administrator
Application Procedure: Interested and qualified applicants are welcome to apply at fremonttigers.org. Click on Employment and follow the application instructions.
Applications Will Be Accepted Through: January 27, 2020
All positions are subject to veterans preference. EOE
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply online at fremonttigers.org. Click on Employment and follow application instructions.