Posted: May 10, 2023
Job Summary: The Elementary School Janitor is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of the school building, including classrooms, restrooms, offices, and common areas. The Janitor will perform a variety of cleaning duties and maintenance tasks to keep the school building in a safe and sanitary condition for students, faculty, and staff.
- Clean classrooms, restrooms, offices, and common areas of the school building.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors; clean windows and mirrors; dust and polish surfaces.
- Empty trash and recycling bins and transport garbage to designated areas for collection.
- Refill soap, paper towels, and toilet paper dispensers in restrooms as needed.
- Ensure that all cleaning supplies and equipment are properly stored and maintained.
- Monitor and report any maintenance issues to the appropriate school personnel.
- Follow all safety protocols and regulations to maintain a safe and healthy environment for students, faculty, and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the school administration.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in custodial or janitorial work is preferred.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, proper storage, and disposal techniques.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects and perform physically demanding tasks.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
Position to Start in the Fall of 2023
Contact InformationFaith Christian School Kearney Nebraska
5710 19th Avenue
Kearney, Nebraska 68845
(p) (308) 627-6578 -
(f) () -
How to Apply
To apply please fill out the application below and submit it by email to email@example.com.
For more information please call Faith Christian School at 308.236.8744
We look forward to hearing from you!