School Mental Health Provider in Sidney & Scottsbluff NE areas P/T or F/T
*LMHP or (P)LMHP – 185 days – Position is school based in our district schools
*Looking for Part-time or Full-time
School Mental Health Provider Job Description
It is the policy of ESU 13 to not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, color, religion, veteran status, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or other protected status in its educational programs, admission policies, employment policies or other administered programs. Persons requiring accommodations to apply and/or be considered for positions are asked to make their request to the ESU 13 Administrator. *This Job Description is in addition to and supplements the Master Certificated Job Description*
Job Title: School Mental Health Provider
Department: Psychology and Behavioral Health
Education Level and Certification: Masters degree or higher required. Must at all times during employment possess a valid Nebraska License to provide Mental Health Services and 2 years’ experience is preferred.
Reports To: Director of Psychology and Behavioral Health
Terms of Employment: 185-195 Work Days
Performance Responsibilities and Job Tasks
The Mental Health Service provider’s role will include placement within ESU 13 member school systems as determined by the Director of behavior and Mental Health. Their primary role is to provide screening, counseling, and consultation services to youth, families and educational staff; to collaborate with other agencies; and to assist with system decisions and evaluations.
- Provides a positive image of ESU #13
- Conducts formal and informal assessments of referred students to determine appropriate treatment and services
- Serves as a member of the treatment team for all youth referred
- Provides direct therapeutic intervention to youth and their families when necessary
- Works in a strong collaborative manner with school mental health staff
- Facilitates appropriate referrals to community agencies when determined appropriate by the treatment team.
- Meets with department supervisor and staff for review and discussion of individual referrals and cases.
- Provides intervention (counseling, behavior consultation, behavior management) strategies for students upon request.
- Provides resources to instructional staff (materials, curriculum, curriculum adaptations, remediation).
- Attends workshops and seminars to stay current with research, trends, laws, etc., in school psychology and special education.
- Consults with parents, teachers, administrators, educational specialists, and other community agencies regarding the needs of students.
- Conducts in-service training for teachers, administrators and parents; and address parent groups and community organizations as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Complies with the Standards for ESU #13 Employee Performance and Code of Ethics.
The School Mental Health Provider is to possess and effectively utilize knowledge in the following areas: Therapy and Counseling—Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance.
FLSA Status: Exempt. Professional exemption: The employee has a primary duty of performing work requiring knowledge of an advanced type in a field of science or learning customarily acquired by a prolonged course of specialized intellectual instruction and study or has a primary duty of teaching, tutoring, instructing, or lecturing in the activity of imparting knowledge and is employed and engaged in this activity as a teacher.
Essential Functions: The essential functions of the School Mental Health Provider position include: (1) regular, dependable in-person attendance on the job; (2) the ability to perform the identified tasks and to possess and utilize the identified knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the identified work activities; and, (3) the ability to perform the following identified physical requirements.
Based on education and experience