Educational Technology Specialist
The Educational Technology Specialist primary duty is to provide technology support and management to school districts in ESU6 that hold an agreement for technology services through ESU6. The position will strive to maintain the continuous operation of these school networks and systems infrastructure. Additionally, when available, the position will assist the ESU6 Technology Department to provide support for all school districts in ESU6.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Designs, documents, installs, and maintains network hardware and software to ensure maximum uptime and connectivity. This includes, but is not limited to:
o servers, switches, routers, firewalls, access points, media devices, email systems, internet access, network security, end user devices, printers, phones, wiring, software applications and backups.
· Provides troubleshooting support to end users for hardware, software, and network issues.
· Documents, tracks, and monitors issues to facilitate timely resolution.
· Manages and supports multiple client and server operating system environments including but not limited to:
o Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android and ChromeOS.
· Develops and implements procedures related to technology use, support, security, and backup.
· Maintains inventory of all hardware and software purchases.
· Performs proactive network status checks as part of normal activities to ensure optimum network performance and escalates problems to vendors when necessary.
· Creates and maintains network documentation.
· Communicates with school administration to improve technology capabilities and coordinates priorities.
· Works occasionally outside of office hours for emergency situations and routine maintenance.
· Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment and consults with senior peers when necessary.
· Drives oneself to multiple school districts on a regular basis.
· Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Comprehensive benefit package.
- Application period closes February 8, 2019.
How to Apply
Visit www.esu6.org/opportunities for application instructions.
Educational Service Unit 6 is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer.