Administrator / Chief Executive Officer
The Administrator is the chief executive officer of the Board of Directors of Educational Service Unit No 6, Inc. (ESU 6) and has final responsibility for all operations, programs, services, personnel and actions of ESU 6.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees, either directly or through delegation, all activities of ESU 6 according to, and consistent with, the policies of the Board.
- Leads the development and implementation of a shared vision, strategic direction, and goals that reflect the organization’s core values, beliefs, and priorities.
- Provides direction for the Board in policy development and organizational governance within the political, social, economical, or legal context in which the ESU exists.
- Reports, interprets, and implements policies and actions of the Board to the staff and to the local school districts utilizing ESU 6 services.
- Attends all meetings and/or executive sessions of the Board except during consideration of her/his own employment and/or salary.
- Assists all committees of the Board in performance of their responsibilities as may be required.
- Coordinates the preparation of the annual budget to be presented to the Board for final adoption.
- Coordinates the compilation and recording of all financial transactions, maintaining a record that accurately reports receipts, distribution, and disbursement of all funds.
- Seeks outside revenue sources in an effective manner (grants, special funding, and support services to districts).
- Ensures organizational success through a defined process of accountability and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Meets regularly with ESU 6 department directors to ensure that operations, programs, and services are being executed in accordance with the organization’s policies.
- Responds to priorities established through the strategic planning process and allocates financial, material, and staff resources to meet these priorities and delegates tasks to staff as needs indicate.
- Maintains a presence within the service region to understand its strengths and needs.
- Determines the support service needs of member districts through a collaborative process with stakeholders to create and coordinate programs that meet these needs with the advisement of the district superintendents.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communications throughout the organization internally as well as externally through an effective public relations program.
- Effectively represents and advocates for ESU 6 and member districts with other organizations and regulatory agencies.
- Creates and maintains a climate and culture which encourages a positive working relationship with local, state, and national organizations, member districts, and ESU 6 staff.
- Represents ESU 6 before professional and community groups and keeps the local school districts and public informed regarding the services and activities ESU 6 provides.
- Represents ESU 6 on the Educational Service Unit Coordinating Council and works to ensure that ESU 6 schools have access to effective statewide programs and services.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Please visit www.esu6.org/opportunities for a full job description and application process.
- Comprehensive benefit package.
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
- Application period closes on November 9, 2018.
- Position begins on July 1, 2019.
ESU 6 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
How to Apply
Visit www.esu6.org/opportunities for application instructions.