High School Behavior Program Teacher for Brook Valley South
Education Service Unit #3
Brook Valley Schools
Job Title: Classroom Teacher – ESU3 Alternative Program
Department: Student Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: Principal
People Supervised: Paraprofessional
ESU #3 Brook Valley School is hiring Special Education teachers for the South program. We’re looking for individuals who have a calling to support students with Autism and/or significant behavior difficulties. Brook Valley has a unique population of students who require creative programming and interventions. We are committed to providing the training and resources needed to make staff successful in this rewarding position. Come join our team! Please contact McKayla LaBorde at email@example.com with additional questions about the position.
General Responsibilities: Responsible for establishment and maintenance of an individualized Education Program and appropriate programming for students with a verified disability as defined in Nebraska Rule 51.
Number of Days Worked: Works 5 days per week. 8:00 am-4:30 pm. 190 days.
1. No history of child abuse or negligence.
2. Minimum of BA/BS in Special Education
3. Nebraska Teaching Certificate
1. Understand and comply with the ESU #3 Board of Education Personnel Policies and Employee Handbook.
2. Understand and comply with Brook Valley School Educational Policies,
Philosophies and Student Handbook.
3. Dependable and reliable attendance.
4. Assist teachers, counselors and administrators in planning support systems for the student when returning to the local school district.
5. Assist attendance offices in preparing truancy information needed by the county Attorney’s office to prosecute violators of the Compulsory Attendance Law.
6. Maintain the standards of conduct and ethics set forth by the Nebraska
Department of Education.
7. Establish and maintain a record keeping system (remembering confidentiality) in order to provide needed information for the final written report when the student leaves the program for the contracting local school.
8. Be available to attend meetings regarding the student with outside agencies when appropriate.
9. Be an advocate for the school with the student and family.
10. Write on-going remedial programs in the areas of a student’s identified weakness.
11. Communicate with parents in implementing Individual Educational
Programs for children who are verified with a special education
12. Develop working relationship and direction for para in classroom.
13. Communicate any needs to building administrator.
14. Maintain records and files as required by the Nebraska Department of Education Rule 51.
15. Seeks out and participates in appropriate staff development activities to maintain and improve professional skills.
16. Utilizes current instructional material in student’s programs which are supplementary to those already in use in the classroom.
17. Provides direct instruction in behavioral/academic methodologies to
assigned para professionals.
18. Develop behavior management programs according to student needs.
19. Provides own transportation to fulfill responsibilities of position.
20. The classroom teacher shall keep an inventory of classroom supplies and
21. Support health related activities and activities of daily living.
22. Demonstrate professional conduct, maintain confidentiality and pursue professional growth.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
The terms of this job description may not be modified except in a writing signed by the ESU #3 Administrator. Classroom teachers employed at Brook Valley School must be fully capable of performing each of the ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES set forth above as well as each of the ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL RESPONSIBILITIES set forth in Exhibit A attached hereto at all times of employment. Staff that are not fully capable of performing 100 percent of the ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL RESPONSIBILITIES cannot return to work until they can demonstrate they are fully capable of performing each of the ESSENTIAL RESONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL RESPONSIBILITIES according to a doctor or other person qualified to make that determination and agreed to by the ESU #3 Administrator. This is for the safety of the employee due to the nature of the students in the classroom.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities and duties assigned are at the discretion of the supervisor.
2021-2022 school year
How to Apply
Apply through our website at www.esu3.org. Click on Job Postings.