Head Start/Early Head Start Certified Teacher
EDUCATIONAL SERVICE UNIT #3
Job Title: Head Start/Early Head Start Teacher (certified)
Job Title Code: 2541
Number of Days Worked: 180/204
Department: Sarpy County Head Start
FLSA Status: Exempt
$500 Hiring Incentive
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Coordinator of SCHS, Executive Director of Program Services
Staff Supervised: Teaching Assistants
- No history of child abuse or negligence.
- Valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Early Childhood Education (age 3 through Grade 3), Early Childhood Inclusive (Birth through Grade 3), or Early Childhood Special Education (Birth through Kindergarten), or
- Provisional Endorsement pursuant to 92 NAC 24 along with a plan to complete the requirements for full Endorsement within 2 years of hire.
- Head Start experience preferred (minimum of two years) but not required.
- Basic computer skills, photocopier/facsimile, and other technology related to job requirements.
- Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid certification within three months of hire.
- Ability to work additional hours beyond the workday (including evenings/weekends) on occasion to meet job requirements.
- Knowledge and skills to implement research-based, developmentally appropriate instructional strategies and curriculum.
- Knowledge of early childhood development across all developmental domains.
- This position is eligible for VEOA Veteran’s Preference.
- Successfully pass required background checks.
- Regular and dependable in person attendance is required.
- Understand and comply with the ESU #3 Board of Education Personnel Policies and Employee Handbook.
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements, Program Performance Standards, Nebraska Department of Education Rule 11, and Head Start policies and procedures.
- Utilize active supervision guidelines to ensure that all necessary and reasonable precautions are taken to protect children and monitor the learning environment for health and safety.
- Ability to organize inviting, accessible learning environments according to ECERS and curriculum standards.
- Participate in health and nutrition activities to include (but not limited to) CACFP, NapSACC, family style meals, conversations with parents and caregivers around health and nutrition.
- Adhere to the research based curriculum adopted by SCHS/ESU #3 and support individualization and growth for all children. Engage in activities designed to achieve program goals as outlined in SCHS/ESU #3 Strategic Plan.
- Implement teaching practices that focus on English language acquisition and include steps to support the development of the home language for dual language learners.
- Ability to engage in authentic observations of children and utilize observational information as well as assessment data to plan and design appropriate activities for young children.
- Ability to foster and sustain communication with parents and caregivers and engage with families through a minimum of two home visits and two parent-teacher conferences during the program year.
- Ability to provide children with the skills to help resolve conflicts, solve problems and develop relationship.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with Family Advocates in order to support families/caregivers toward achieving family goals.
- Attend all professional development activities as required by SCHS.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding co-workers, agency, family and child information.
- Model respect and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, specialists, and supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
At Will Employment: Employment with Sarpy County Head Start/ESU #3 is not for any period of time, and employment may be terminated at any time at the convenience of the terminating party, with or without cause, and with or without notice. Employment with SCHS/ESU #3 is not governed by any express or implied contract of employment containing terms different from or inconsistent with those stated in this job description. The terms of this job description may not be modified except in a writing signed by the SCHS/ESU #3 CEO.
$500 Hiring Incentive