Activity Coordinator, Metro Regional Program for Children Who Are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
The Metro Regional Program (MRP) for children who are deaf and hard of hearing is seeking an Activity Coordinator for the 21-22 school year. MRP is a division of the Nebraska Regional Programs serving ESUs #2, #3, and #19. Our mission is to provide support for the unique educational, socio-emotional, cultural, and transition needs of children who have a hearing loss ages birth through graduation from high school and their families, through cooperative regional planning of interactive activities, organizations, and career explorations that meet or exceed the Nebraska Department of Education standards. Please contact McKayla LaBorde, Exec. Director of Student Services with inquiries about the position at email@example.com.
EDUCATIONAL SERVICE UNIT #3
Job Title: Activity Coordinator, Metro Regional Program for Children Who Are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Job Title Code: 7524
Number of Days Worked: 210 days
Department: Student Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: MRP Coordinator and Executive Director of Student Services
Staff Supervised: None
- No history of child abuse or negligence.
- Education level: BA/BS in Education or similar field required. MA/MS in Educational Administration or similar field preferred.
- Certification: Valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Deaf Education
- Teaching and leadership experience preferred.
- Other Requirements
a. Ability to interact effectively with MRP staff, area school employees and administrators
b. Knowledge of &/or competence in sign language and other modes of communication with the Deaf or Hard of Hearing
c. Valid Driver’s License
d. Knowledge in various computer software programs such as Microsoft Office, Google apps (or similar type programs)
e. Flexible work schedule to accommodate chaperoning of activities, both regional and statewide, which require evenings, weekends, and overnights as dictated by the activity
- Successfully pass required background checks.
- Regular and dependable in person attendance is required.
- Understand and comply with the ESU #3 Board of Education Personnel Policies and Employee Handbook.
- Regularly access the e-mail system for review of materials distributed from ESU #3.
- Plan & Chaperone monthly activities for:
a. Play Group (birth – 5 years)
b. Elementary Social Club (K – 6th grade)
c. Secondary Social Club (7 – 12th grade)
4. Assist in planning/chaperoning Statewide Activities
5. Responsible for planning and coordinating the following Statewide Activities, such as:
a. Fall Outing
b. Winter Dance (7 –12th grade)
c. Close Up trip to Washington, D.C. (7 – 12th grade)
a. MRP Advisory meetings
1. Work with MRP Coordinator/Director on agenda
2. Attend meetings
3. Send out minutes
b. Regional Coordinator meetings
1. Coordinate agenda
2. Information about upcoming conferences
c. Statewide Meetings
7. Write and distribute the Newsletter – (minimum of twice a year to four times a year)
8. Keep the website/YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter updated
9. Sign language classes in the greater Omaha area
10. Keep a database of:
a. Students in the MRP area
b. Alumni from the MRP area
c. Service Providers in the MRP area
11. Assists with administrative responsibilities associated with coordinating or supporting health related activities for students with special needs.
12. Other duties as assigned.
At Will Employment: Employment with ESU #3 is not for any period of time, and employment may be terminated at any time at the convenience of the terminating party, with or without cause, and with or without notice. Employment with ESU #3 is not governed by any express or implied contract of employment containing terms different from or inconsistent with those stated in this job description. The terms of this job description may not be modified except in a writing signed by the ESU #3 CEO.
Contract starts July 1st.
How to Apply
You can apply on our website at www.esu3.org. Click on Job Postings.