Head Start Lead Teacher
**Hiring Bonus = $1,000
Educare of Omaha, Inc. is a collaborative partnership between the Early Head Start/Head Start, Omaha Public Schools and the Buffett Early Childhood Fund. Comprised of the two Educare Omaha Schools (Kellom and Indian Hill) and the three Early Learning Centers (Skinner, Gateway and Kennedy), the mission of Educare of Omaha, Inc. is to promote school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children ages 0 to 5 years through the provision of evidence-based education, health, nutritional, social, family engagement and other services to enrolled children and their families.
The Lead Teacher is responsible for the planning, implementation and coordination of a comprehensive education program. The Lead Teacher ensures the education program is developmentally appropriate and meets children’s individual needs as well as program standards of Omaha Early Learning Centers and the Nebraska Department of Education.
Schedule: This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday. There is a variation of schedules available with the hours falling between 7:00am-5:30pm.
This position is hiring for the following locations:
- Early Learning Center at Skinner (33rd & Sprague St.)
- Early Learning Center at Gateway (42nd & Q St.)
- Early Learning Center at Kennedy (30th & Lake St.)
- Educare Omaha at Kellom (24th & Hamilton St.)
- Educare Omaha at Indian Hill (32nd & U St.)
Educare of Omaha recommends all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates stating they are vaccinated will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. If not vaccinated, masking may be required while on the premises.
QUALIFICATIONS (Educare Centers):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Can be in Elementary Education but Nebraska Teaching Certificate will need Early Childhood Endorsement.
- Nebraska Teaching Certificate required or ability to attain within 18 months of hire
- Two years early childhood experience in a group setting preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background check that meets compliance standards
Educare of Omaha, Inc. provides a competitive benefits package which Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; 403(b); Rolling Vacation and Sick time accruals; ten paid holidays, and 2 weeks paid time off for holiday break.
Educare of Omaha, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all hiring and employment practices. We are committed to equal treatment for all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum $24.00 per hour.
How to Apply
Apply online with the link below: