Early Childhood Education Associate Teacher
**Hiring Bonus = $1,000
of Omaha, Inc. is a collaborative partnership between the Early Head Start/Head Start, Omaha Public Schools and the Buffett Early Childhood Fund. Comprised of the two Omaha Schools (Kellom and Indian Hill) and the three Early Learning Centers (Skinner, Gateway and Kennedy), the mission of of Omaha, Inc. is to promote school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children ages 0 to 5 years through the provision of evidence-based education, health, nutritional, social, family engagement and other services to enrolled children and their families.
The Associate Teacher works cooperatively with the Lead Teacher to plan and implement the daily education program for the children. Under the supervision of the Master Teacher, and Lead Teacher, the Associate Teacher will ensure the education program is developmentally appropriate meeting the individual needs of children as well as program standards of of Omaha, Head Start/Early Head Start, Sixpence, the Nebraska Department of Education and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). In the absence of the Lead Teacher, the Associate Teacher takes responsibility for the management of the classroom.
Schedule: This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday. There is a variation of schedules available with the hours falling between 7:00am-5:30pm.
This position is hiring for the following locations:
- Early Learning Center at Skinner (33rd & Sprague St.)
- Early Learning Center at Gateway (42nd & Q St.)
- Early Learning Center at Kennedy (30th & Lake St.)
- Educare Omaha at Kellom (24th & Hamilton St.)
- Educare Omaha at Indian Hill (32nd & U St.)
Educare of Omaha recommends all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates stating they are vaccinated will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. If not vaccinated, masking may be required while on the premises.
- Associate Degree required
- Early Childhood Education or Child Development Preferred
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in a related area with a minimum of 30 credits of college level coursework to include 18 credits of Early Childhood coursework and an additional 12 credits earned from a related area. Related areas can include, but are not limited to, child development, early childhood curriculum, early childhood assessment, psychology, family development, social work and children’s literature. It is up to each prospective employee to provide with information on the college courses taken and to demonstrate that the courses address early childhood education or child development.
- A minimum of six months experience teaching in an early childhood program.
- Must be able to pass a background check that meets compliance standards.
of Omaha, Inc. provides a competitive benefits package that Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; 403(b); Rolling Vacation and Sick time accruals; ten paid holidays, and 2 weeks paid time off for holiday break.
of Omaha, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all hiring and employment practices. We are committed to equal treatment for all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum salary is $17 per hour.