Position: Classroom Teacher
The following list is intended to be a general description of the employees’ job duties and responsibilities. However, it is not an exhaustive list and employees must perform all duties required of them by board policy or as directed by administrators or their supervisors. Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting regular and predictable attendance requirements;
- Maintaining a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning;
- Implementing useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures.
- Selecting and using effective instructional methods and learning materials;
- Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned students.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents/guardians;
- Engaging in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job-related knowledge and skill development;
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes;
- Marking pupils’ work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils’ progress and development;
- Researching new topic areas and maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge;
- Devising and writing new curriculum materials;
- Selecting and using a range of different learning resources and equipment;
- Continuously updating and improving teaching and disciplinary methods;
- Participating in and responding positively to the district’s evaluation and school improvement process;
- Managing pupil behavior in the classroom and on school premises, and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior;
- Reading and comprehending books, curriculum materials; student work and the like;
- Communicating with students, staff and parents orally, electronically and in printed form;
- Using computers and other electronic technology to learn, teach and communicate;
- Working collaboratively to achieve the overall purposes of the school program.
- Moving around the classroom, hallways, and common areas of the school;
- Bending and stooping frequently to communicate with students and evaluate student work;
- Lifting occasionally to move and carry materials around the classroom and school building.
Highly competitive salary starting at a base of $40,500 with excellent benefits. Negotiated Teacher Agreement found on the website. Extra-duty assignments are available.