K-12 Instrumental and Vocal Music
Position: Classroom Teacher
The following list is intended to be a general description of the employees’ job duties and responsibilities. However, it is not an exhaustive list and employees must perform all duties required of them by board policy or as directed by administrators or their supervisors. Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting regular and predictable attendance requirements;
- Maintaining a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning;
- Implementing useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures.
- Selecting and using effective instructional methods and learning materials;
- Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned students.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents/guardians;
- Engaging in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job-related knowledge and skill development;
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes;
- Marking pupils’ work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils’ progress and development;
- Researching new topic areas and maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge;
- Devising and writing new curriculum materials;
Highly competitive salary starting at a base of $40,500 with excellent benefits. Negotiated Teacher Agreement found on the website. Extra-duty assignments are available.