Middle School English/Language Arts Teacher
Posted: April 29, 2022
- Teach assigned classes and perform related duties as set forth under Job Tasks.
- Provide for the reasonable care and safety of students under the teacher’s supervision.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
- Provide reasonable care for students, including reporting suspected child abuse or neglect to supervisor and provide medication administration as assigned.
- Participate in team meetings for the development of IEPs and 504 Plans and implement provisions of IEPs and 504 Plan accommodations for the teacher’s students.
- Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of activities as assigned.
- Participate in professional activities and staff development as assigned and as needed to maintain professional competence and to perform duties.
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport with students and parents.
- Develop and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with other staff and administration.
- Maintain confidentiality of information concerning colleagues, students, and parents in accordance with law and District rules.
- Provide for proper care, maintenance and reasonable security of all District property in the teacher’s custody.
- Utilize instructional materials and other resources in a competent and effective manner, including computer, e-mail, electronic student information systems, and other technology to perform assigned duties.
- Adhere to all district policies, rules, regulations, and supervisor directives.
- Adhere to the code of ethics of the District and the code of ethics set forth in NDE Rule 27. The teacher must serve as a positive role model for other staff and students.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Starting August 2022