Elementary (PK-6) Physical Education Teacher (Anticipated)
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students’ physical skills and abilities, strength, agility, poise, coordination, and teamwork; to develop students’ understanding of the importance of exercise to physical and mental well-being; and to motivate students to work towards, physical fitness, hygiene, and good health.
- Develops and administers Physical Education classes consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Teaches knowledge of, and develops skills and abilities in, physical fitness, rhythm and dance, coordination and agility, exercise, and sports,
- Develops students’ concepts in leadership, teamwork, responsibility and social skills; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and appropriate feedback to regarding student progress, expectations, and goals.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student growth and progress in physical educational activities, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Assists in coordinating extra-curricular activities, including student performances, assembles, and athletic events.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within physical education and grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Inspects equipment and field areas used to ensure they are in good and safe working order.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge and demonstration of “best practice” in teaching
Knowledge of the developmental characteristics of students at the designated grade level.
Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
Knowledge of the Nebraska Teaching Standards
Knowledge of special education and section 504
Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders and colleagues.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Data-driven decision-making skills to ensure access to grade-level standards for all students.
Proven regular/consistent communication with students, parents, and other stakeholders.
Demonstrate the ability to modify/enhance curriculum & instruction to meet the diverse needs of all students
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Required: Must at all times during employment possess a Nebraska Teaching Certificate with certification as PK-12 Health & Physical Education or PK-6 Physical Education.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Doniphan-Trumbull Public School offers competitive pay in the tri-cities area:
22-23 Starting Salary – 38,200
ability to bring a maximum of 11 years of service to D-T
and a comprehensive benefits package up to and including single, employee/spouse, or family insurance, personal leave, annual leave, paid holidays, and enrollment with an employer match in the Nebraska Public Employees Retirement System.
Doniphan-Trumbull Public Schools is a rural school with proud academic traditions and great community support. We are located in Central Nebraska right off of I-80, serving the communities of Doniphan and Trumbull. Both towns are approximately 12 miles apart, and within 15 miles from the cities of Hastings and Grand Island. Many of our nearly 450 students come from neighboring farms, or larger housing developments at Amick Acres, and a significant number have parents working in the neighboring tri-cities area. Approximately 85% of our students graduate and go onto higher education and our school was a recipient of the ReVision Grant from NDE for the 2021-22 school year focusing on the expansion of CTE to include a CNA teaching lab on site. Our Elementary has been rated as Good and has continually focused on the science of reading and making ambitious growth rates.
Extra Duty Opportunities include:
High School: Head Volleyball, Head Boys Golf, Head Girls Golf, Assistant SB (Coop with GICC), & Assistant Track & Field
Junior High: Football
How to Apply
Apply online using the link below. Completed applications will include an online application, resume, cover letter, copies of transcripts, license / certificates, and references. https://www.applitrack.com/dtcardinals/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1
Apply by using this link (https://www.applitrack.com/dtcardinals/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1) or accessing the school website: https://www.dtcardinals.org > CAREERS. Job descriptions and applications can be obtained by either visiting the Superintendent’s Office at 302 West Plum, Doniphan, NE, calling the District Office at 402-845-2282 or emailing the district office at email@example.com.