Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
Doniphan-Trumbull Public School is currently accepting applications for the position of Early Childhood Special Education Teacher for the current 2023-2024 school year and beyond.
- Start Date January 3, 2024
- K-12 Special Education or willingness to obtain certificates will be considered.
- D-T Public Schools accepts up to 11 years of successful teaching experiences and up to MA+27.
- Screening will begin immediately and the position is open until closed.
Application materials required:
- Online application
- Copy of valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate
- Three letters of reference
- unofficial transcripts
*Exception to those currently student teaching or completing their educational program who have not received their Teaching Certificate at the time of applying. Please upload as soon as it becomes available.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Special Education, to maximize the learning experience of students with special needs, in academics, interpersonal skills and activities of daily living by implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities, outcomes; addressing students’ specific needs; providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
(Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Education, Certification/Licensure, Experience, Equipment)
– Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Start Date: January 3, 2024
Doniphan-Trumbull Public School offers competitive pay in the tri-cities area:
- 23-24 Starting Salary – $38,900, as well as a retention bonus every 5 years of service.
- ability to bring a maximum of 11 years of service to D-T
- The district-paid comprehensive benefits package up to and including single, employee/spouse, or family insurance, personal leave, annual leave, paid holidays, and enrollment with an employer match in the Nebraska Public Employees Retirement System.
Doniphan-Trumbull Public Schools is a rural school with proud academic traditions and great community support. We are located in Central Nebraska right off of I-80, serving the communities of Doniphan and Trumbull. Both towns are approximately 12 miles apart, and within 15 miles from the cities of Hastings and Grand Island. Many of our nearly 450 students come from neighboring farms, or larger housing developments at Amick Acres, and a significant number have parents working in the neighboring tri-cities area. Approximately 85% of our students graduate and go onto higher education and our school was a recipient of the ReVision Grant from NDE for the 2021-22 school year focusing on the expansion of CTE to include a CNA teaching lab on site.
How to Apply
Apply by using this link (https://www.applitrack.com/dtcardinals/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1) or accessing the school website: https://www.dtcardinals.org > CAREERS. Job descriptions and applications can be obtained by either visiting the Superintendent’s Office at 302 West Plum, Doniphan, NE, calling the District Office at 402-845-2282 or emailing the district office at email@example.com.